Wednesday, January 11, 2012

We are alive!

Well the title says it all.  But I made a New Year Resolution to get better at this so wish me luck!  I have decided to do a little year in review to sum up our life.  Enjoy!

The New Year began with a big change for this little college student..... Student teaching!  Oh what an adventure it was.  I have never worked so hard, been so discouraged, or  learned so much.  The teacher I worked with was a tad bit bipolar, but everything worked out great in the end.

I still managed to have some fun my last semester of college!



Seeing Sister West after her knee surgery
 Waiting in line to watch countless BYU basketball games

 NCAA tournament in Denver (don't mind my eye....)



At the beginning of April, the wedding festivities began!  I am one spoiled girl, having 4 separate showers.  The first one was in Colorado, followed by a Wonnacott family shower in Utah.  I then had one with my friends, and finally a shower in AZ thrown by my sisters and mom.  And sadly we were having too much fun to take many pictures!

 I can't imagine my life without these girls!


 Leave it to my mom to find the cutest decorations!





Next up, we both Graduated from BYU!





So proud of this cute little graduate!


woowho!

We were both thrilled to graduate, but it was kind of overshadowed by what would be happening the next week.  Since we had a rather long engagement, we were both extremely ready to seal the deal!  The morning after graduation, we woke up bright and early for a little road trip!  Garrett and I drove his car to Denver, while my angelic parents drove my car down to AZ.  What would I ever do without those two?

Once we made it to Denver, we had several appointments to look at apartments.  We ended up canceling our first appointment after driving around the parking lot... Let's just say I would have been nervous to be home alone for even a minute, and I'm pretty sure we would have contracted some disease.  We visited a few other places, and found somewhere we loved!  It turns out it is possible to find a place to live in less than 3 hours!

The next day, we flew to Arizona to start off our crazy wedding week!

Garrett and Ashton's 2011 part 2 coming soon...

1 comment: